Our DicomServer is a generic DICOM server for public uses. It is built using DicomObjects and is provided for the following purposes:
- A public resource for all DICOM developers to use for testing (whatever toolkit they use)
- A demonstration of the capabilities of DicomObjects
- A test bed to find possible interoperability problems, so that they may be fixed
Configuraiton information for using it can be found on the site itself: http://www.DicomServer.co.uk
- Support for C-STORE, C-FIND, C-GET & C-MOVE
- Support for DICOM Modality Worklist (MWL) C-FIND
- DICOM Restful Services (QIDO-RS, STOW-RS & WADO-RS)
- Original WADO (now WADO-URI)
- Promiscuous operation (AE titles and IP addresses are not checked or restricted)
- Full logging available, so difficulties may be identified
- Support for C-MOVE from any host
More about C-MOVE
The C-MOVE support is unusual, as most DICOM servers can only work if the C-MOVE destination has been preprogrammed into them, as the DICOM protocol requires the destination AE title to be translated into an IP address and port number. This server can use a predefined list (set up by the Administrator), but in addition, if an AET is not in the “known” list, and if it is the same as the requesting AET, then the server assumes that there is a listener at the originating IP address on the same port used to access the server (normally 104 or 11112). This will work for most cases, but if you need something different set up then please let us know (this will require both an addition to the database, and a firewall relaxation).
Multiple Character Sets
Full support for multiple character sets (stored internally as Unicode) is included, provided of course that the character set (0008, 0005) is properly specified.
Rules/Procedures for Accessing the Server
- Server is at DicomServer.co.uk (184.108.40.206)
- The Server listens on ports 104 and 11112
- Use any Calling and Called AE titles you like (making them specific to you will assist if logs need to be examined), but if you wish to use C-MOVE, ensure that the calling and destination AETs are the SAME, and that you listen on port 104 or 11112 (the same port as you use to contact the server itself).
- All Images uploaded are available to all users, so please ensure that they are suitably anonymised. Images can be removed on request, but please don’t expect us to do this on a regular basis.
- All composite SOP classes may be used, including Presentation States, Structured Reports and Radiotherapy Classes.
- The live log files are available here. Note that the log files contain a mixture of your own and other users’s activities, but they restart every hour in order to keep the size manageable.