Following on from the success of DicomObjects for DICOM, Medical Connections added XdsObjects to its product range. This is an XDS toolkit to simplify the development of applications which conform to the IHE XDS profiles.
XdsObjects supports all the following profiles:
- Full support for all XDS.b transactions (as server and client)
- Provide and Register Document Set
- Register Document Set
- Registry Stored Query
- Retrieve Document Set
- XDS-I.b (as server and client)
- Retrieve Imaging Document Set
- XDR (as sender and recipient)
- XDM (as reader and writer)
- PIX (as client)
- Patient Cross-reference query
- ATNA (as client)
- Automatic generation and sending of audit records
- BSD Syslog, RFC 5425 & RFC 5426 supported
- TLS supported for all XDS transactions
- Free of charge for 60 day trial
- Still free after that for genuine commercial development, testing and marketing
- Royalties are only payable for copies put into production use
Full descriptions of the products availability, Licensing Terms and details of 3rd party tools are available on the Licensing Page
- Full list of versions
- Sample projects
- Tested by Medical Connections at the 2010 European Connectathon, passing all profiles attempted, and it has since been used by several other vendors, all of whom have also passed.
- All data is packaged into/from simple, documented .NET classes, hiding the complexities of the ebXML model, such as classification schemes, slots and associations.
- The XDS-I transport facilities can be used with or without DicomObjects
- A viewer control is included, which allows simple viewing of most XDS content, including DICOM key object notes for use with XDS-I.
- The licensing model is the same as DicomObjects, with free development use and charges due only when systems are deployed to end-users. Discounts apply where DicomObjects and XdsObjects are deployed together.